Kristin’s Spoiler Chat from earlier today-
PeachyTine: So excited about season 5 of True Blood. Any scoop on any possible Alcide/Sookie romance?It’s definitely possible. Assuming of course that Alcide could get over that whole “you killed my ex-wife” thing. Alcide’s confession last season to Sookie and his desire to protect her is very much present in the season premiere, but like all things in Bon Temps, romance is on the back burner until the bodies are buried. Oh what? Yep, multiple bodies need to be disposed of. Don’t worry, there is a terribly sexy growl from Alcide in there too.
Elly: Forget about Eric and Sookie and tell me about my favorite pair on True Blood: Eric and Pam!Eric still has plenty of love for Pam. And Kristin Bauer van Straten promises that Pam is on a mission to get back in Eric’s good graces. “Pam will go to any length to be reunited with her maker. Any length,” she tells us forebodingly. “And we’re going to see it. Pam has an amazing arc because we get to see her backstory and how she was made. It explains why Pam is the way she is and also why Eric is her one person that she can’t live without.” We’ve seen the first four episodes of True Blood‘s fifth season, and trust us when we say that Pam will more than likely be your favorite T.B. character this year.
Meanwhile, Manganiello says that Alcide is not exactly still smitten with the lovely Sookie. “You’re going to see him pick up where he left off last season, which was pissed, and you’re really going to see his transformation this season into the big bad wolf,” he teases. “This is the season I’ve been waiting for since I’ve been on the show.” Watch all the Videos HERE
One more photo from Entertainment Weekly‘s Season 5 coverage, love angry Pam.
From Tommy Lightfoot Garrett’s HighlightHollywood–
So, what about the love triangle that dominated season 4, almost as much as the vicious 400-year-old witch Antonia, who crossed over from the other side, puddle-jumped a Continent and showed up in Bon Temps with vengeance on her mind. Stephen Moyer, perhaps feeling guilty about not offering a solid answer previously was first to chime in.
“I think he’s [King Bill] got other things on his mind. There’s just not time to worry about that relationship,” Moyer insists. “When we left Bill and Eric last time, Sookie had just told them she was going in a different direction for a while. And then something major happens to them and they are completely caught up with dealing with that.”
Meanwhile, hunky Joe Manganiello says that Alcide is not exactly still smitten with the delicious Sookie. “You’re going to see him pick up where he left off last season, which was pissed, and you’re really going to see his transformation this season into the big bad wolf,” the “Magic Mike” leading man teases. “This is the season I’ve been waiting for since I’ve been on the show.” Me too! Okay, back to the important things in life.
Sunday night is headed right our way. We are now down to THREE, count them, THREE days before Makers Day opens up everyone’s imagination. There is one thing I can promise. We are going to find out a lot more when Alan Ball hands out the drama on Sunday night. Tara’s fate will be revealed! And there is a big shocker coming forward in the Eric/Pam saga!
Somebody tell the new girl that Debbie wasn’t Alcide’s wife-
Campblood’s Bloodwork is back and ready to recap Sunday’s Premiere!
Big Giftee from HBO for 100,000 tweets of #Makersday, script pages for the Newlin Jason scene, pretty cool. From True Blood’s Facebook.
JASON:No way — I ain’t lookin’ at you.
From Celebuzz, not anything official –
True Blood is coming back for a sixth season. Though it will not come as a surprise to fans of the hit vampire drama, one of the show’s stars, Todd Lowe, dropped the news during an interview with Celebuzz when he was asked how producers were coping with hiding star Anna Paquin‘s growing baby bump.
In February, Ball said he would continue on the series in a supervisory role should True Blood be renewed for a sixth season. At the time, HBO added that if the show “proceed(ed) to season six, the show will remain in the very capable hands of the talented team of writers and producers who have been with the show for a number of years.”
A source close to the production last night told Celebuzz nothing had yet been confirmed.
“I’m sure they said that as an assumption and meant it in the context of assuming there’s a pick-up,” the insider said.
Whether or not Lowe, 35, accidentally revealed the studio’s sixth season secret, he was candid about how producers have been forced to call on a stunt double to work overtime to mask Paquin’s expanding waistline.
“I know that her stunt double has had more work than needed before,” he said. “I know that and they’re pretty creative with staging and costuming.”
I don’t want to hurt you
but this is the only way
to make us all safe
via The Only Way
Sookie goes to Russell’s mansion and saves Bill…after he had sex with Lorena, told Sookie it was great and then dumped her ass over the phone.
I’m sorry but if that was me then I’d have left his undead ass to rot and wiped my hands clean of him. I wouldn’t have staked his Maker for him and I certainly wouldn’t have then given him my blood in the back of a rusty old van knowing I was part Fae and that he was suffering from extreme blood loss and would need a lot to replenish his strength.
AccessHollywood has a Trueblood rundown for Season 5, with links for all the premiere interviews. There’s more goodies HERE.
True Blood” returns for its fifth season on Sunday, and Denis O’Hare said to expect a refreshed take on Season 3 favorite, former Vampire King of Mississippi, Russell Edgington.
“What everyone is expecting, is that he’s going to come out of the ground, spitting sparks… and what they’ve done is satisfied that, but also given you something else, which I think is really smart,” Denis told Access Hollywood last week at the premiere of HBO’s pulpy vampire drama in Los Angeles. “We get to see a different side of him and a lot more of the humor — without losing the viciousness — which is great.”
Season 5 is being set up as a battle between the vampires who want the bloodsuckers to live in harmony with humans (mainstreamers) and those who don’t – like Russell.
“He’s an anarchist; he doesn’t believe in joining groups; he doesn’t believe in actually obeying rules, so I think it’s really hard for him to be in any sort of framework, so he might play along for a little while,” Denis teased.
Alan Ball (Creator): “It is really the most epic season,” he told Access. However, star Anna Paquin’s pregnancy won’t affect her character – fairy/human/waitress/butt-kicker Sookie Stackhouse – but it will affect her wardrobe.
“I actually heard from the costume designer midway through the season, she said ‘Sookie can’t wear a Merlotte’s T-shirt anymore.’ And I went, ‘Well, it’s a good thing Sookie really isn’t at Merlotte’s anymore, she’s basically trying to save the World’ outfits,” he added. (so she isnt at Merlotte’s this season, Whaaaa?)
Kristin Bauer van Straten on the reveal of Pam’s backstory: “It explains her personality and her connection to her maker, and her unsympathetic nature, and I also feel like why she takes such effort to dress.”
Nelsan Ellis on Lafayette moving on without Jesus: “He’s a bit dreary… It was a powerful romance and now he loses him, by his own hand… but he comes out of it.”
And on how his character might deal with life-threatening situations in the future: “If Lafayette’s life is in peril, he has acquired some skills where he can thoroughly defend himself.”
Sam Trammell on the troubles ahead for Sam Merlotte: “Physically, it’s probably the worst season. I get hurt pretty bad this year. No human being could survive the amount of physical abuse I take this year.”
EW has 11 different covers out on June 8 and behind the scene photos from HBO.
Askars going to watch the Stanley Cup Finals, more pics here, The 35-year-old True Blood heartthrob heartthrob drove his 25-year-old The East co-star to catch Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals between the Kings and the N.J. Devils.
Season 4 was a bit unusual in that it was the first season that didn’t immediately follow the one proceeding. Because of that loose ends from the finale of Season 3 weren’t necessarily tied up (such as Maxine buying the shotgun after Hoyt said he was going to be with her) and as a result you could get by without having the finale fresh in your mind.
Season 5 however, will be returning to the previous trend of picking up exactly where Season 4 left off. With that in mind here are a list of events that you’re going to want to remember since they’re surely going to have play on Sunday…
1. Lafayette’s blood powers – I use that phrase deliberately because I do think the remorse over what he did to Jesus will come into play. It won’t matter that he wasn’t his right self, it was still his hand that did the deed. How he’ll use these powers should be interesting to watch in the season ahead.
2. Fall out from Marcus’ death- this will certainly entangle Sam and Alcide, and there’s a very good chance that it’ll ensnare Luna as well due to her past relationship with Marcus and her more current relationship with Sam. She could easily become some kind of pawn in the upcoming fight, not to mention they’re still going to have to deal with Emma and the very real fact that her daddy’s dead because of Sam.
3. Jason/Jessica/Hoyt – It’s clear from previews that Jason and Jessica will continue to explore this new friends with benefit relationship. Hoyt’s hurt at Jason’s betrayal isn’t likely to go away soon. Look for things to remain strained.
4. Jason/Vampire!Newlin/Jessica – The relationship between these two was complicated even when Newlin was still a human.It’s only going to get more so now. Previews also show him interacting with Jessica so I imagine that a lot of their storyline will intertwine this season.
5. Patrick – The ghost of fricking RENE warned Arlene about this guy. ‘Nuff said.
6. Debbie’s death – Previews have suggested that Sookie is having trouble dealing with it, not only in the possible form of nightmares, but based on her conversation with Alcide. Look for it to color her interactions, at least through the first part of the season.
7. Tara’s questionable status – Many of you likely know what have happened, but for those who don’t read spoilers I won’t say. Let’s just remember that no one on True Blood is truly dead til you see the body in the ground and even then…
8. Pam – There’s going to be some kind of fall out from her behavior last season. Although her behavior is likely what ultimately saved Eric and Bill (though I’m sure Sookie could have microwave hands up a solution herself) it’s also likely the reason why we have the death warrant on Bill and Eric. Plus there’s the fact that she disobeyed Eric by revealing her location to Bill and disobeyed Bill by not revealing the location sooner. She’s in hot water with two powerful vamps. Something will happen.
9. Bill and Eric and the Dead Gay Storm Troopers – Doing the Authority’s dirty work (i.e. killing Nan) doesn’t get you out of the warrant on the True Death. The main motivation for their storyline this season is the fallout of the fact that they’re still alive and Nan is not.
10. Bill and Eric and Sookie – There’s clearly going to be some extra love interests for Bill (apparently Salome) and Eric (Nora) and perhaps even some bromance between the guys, but the triangle wouldn’t just fade away.
11. Chains and a hole where Russell used to be buried – Nothing more need be said.
12. Andy and Holly – the apology was sweet and the confession a big step for the guy. Whether they continue that storyline remains to be seen.
Phew! Quite a lot isn’t it? When you first watched the episode, it didn’t necessarily feel like a lot of stuff happened, but break it down and it’s really was a crazy episode wasn’t it? We have a lot to look forward to this season and I hope you’re all as excited as I am.
Sun kissed skin so soft
underneath my moving hand
travelling so slow
Of course, I’m personally hoping for Anna, Stephen and Alex to all appear in my mailbox.
What’s that? You are only sending me one copy in the mail? Oh ok.. I guess I’ll have to go buy the others, but I still hope I get one of the main trio first!
Tell me, which cover has you salivating for more?